The objective is to enthuse and inform architects about specifying hardwood internal and external doors, it also includes information about Passivhaus doors.
Seminars last an hour and count for double points for architects and architectural assistants. The CPD is full of photographs showing a variety of specifications and settings and includes demonstrations. Attendees will also have the opportunity to ask questions throughout the webinar. On completion, CPD certificates can be sent out via email.
Urban Front are now presenting our Specifying Hardwood Timber External Doorsets CPD workshops online and can accommodate up to 20 participants for each available webinar date.
Please click here for dates www.urbanfront.com/riba-cpd-offering/book-cpd
Specifying Hardwood Timber Doorsets
The objective of this CPD presentation is to enthuse and inform architects about specifying hardwood internal and external doors it also includes detailed information about Passivhaus doors.
All the seminars last for about an hour and count for double points for architects and architectural assistants. The CPD is image heavy photographs of UK and international installations showing a wide variety of specifications and settings and includes video demonstrations. Attendees will also have the opportunity to ask questions to the presenter throughout the webinar. On completion of the course CPD certificates can be sent out via email on request.
The learning outcomes are:
- Improved ability to specify hardwood timber doors
- Understanding Passive House doors
- Awareness of challenges with hardwood doors
- Better understanding of accessibility, sizing, longevity and exposure
The topic headings are:
- An introduction to the various products available in the UK market as a whole
- Typical Requirements in Design
- Hardwood and exposure
- Flush Doorsets
- Doors in frameless and architectural glass
- Insulation and Acoustics
- Sprung Pivot
- Passive House Doors
- Security – Rules and Regulations Secure by Design
- Part Q
- Mortice and Multipoint locking
- Means of Escape
- Cylinder and Key Security
- Accessibility and Size
- Longevity Timber and maintenance
- Timber in design
- Environmental impacts
- Legislative requirements
- Open Forum – where detailed project issues can be discussed.