- Main Space: a 1,200 sq m (12,917 sq ft), 620-seat proscenium arch theatre for drama, comedy, musicals, dance and small scale opera. The layout is a traditional lyric theatre style, with an orchestra pit, flytower and two levels of seating, all designed for optimum sightline viewing. The overall feel is intimate, formal and luxurious, with an emphasis on beautifully made features and locally-inspired detailing, including hexagonal chandeliers that show a cross section of Doncaster-produced steel ropes and reference to the town’s industrial prowess.
- Second Space: this 615 sq m (6,619 sq ft), 200-seated/300-standing theatre is designed to be a flexible second space for everything from pop and rocks gigs to dance and drama. It has a warehouse/industrial feel and is a space for experimentation and creativity, with a wraparound balcony and an ‘egg crate’ lighting grid, to allow for creative and unusual lighting designs.
- Education Suite: this 365 sq m (3,929 sq ft) space is lighter and simpler, containing dance and drama spaces and a meeting space, each with a capacity of 60. The studios are double height, with sprung and semi-sprung floors respectively, while the single height exhibition room opens up into the foyer to create an extra flexible space for events.
- Two café/bars in the foyer, opening out directly into the public square, which will be open during the day as well as for performances. A third café/bar is located inside the building.
- Dressing rooms for 60, a stage lift, flexible back of house, offices and administration. It is DDA compliant.