Walthamstow Wetlands, an exemplar urban wetland reserve created from ten reservoirs at the heart of the Lea valley, will soon become a reality after securing Heritage Lottery funding.
Stirling Prize-winning architects Witherford Watson Mann, will sensitively transform a Victorian pumping station and an early 19th century mill on the site, into a new visitor centre and viewing platform – providing breath-taking views out over the natural expanse. Walthamstow Wetlands reserve is designed by award-winning Kinnear Landscape Architects on a site owned and operated by Thames Water, which will continue to be fully functional and provide fresh drinking water for the capital.
- Client: London Borough of Waltham Forest
- Landscape Architects: Kinnear Landscape Architects (KLA)
- Architects: Witherford Watson Mann Architects
- Structural Engineer: TALL
- M&E Engineer: P3R Engineers
- QS: Cinns
- Exhibition Design: Real Studios
- Business Planning: Counterculture