YIT’s residential building in Russia has been awarded the BREEAM certificate. The building is part of the Sovremennik residential development in Kazan.
According to the certification criteria, the building has an excellent balance between energy efficiency and comfort of living, thanks to several different factors:
- the use of occupancy detectors and daylight sensors to automate the lighting of corridors and staircases, along with energy-efficient lights
- energy-efficient outdoor lighting
- efficient building services equipment, including heat recovery
- the use of solutions that conserve water and energy
- excellent finishing materials
- modern environmental construction and taking environmental impacts into consideration
- excellent public transport connections.
“For YIT, this is the first certificate of its kind in Russia. At the Sovremennik residential building, we have implemented a wide range of technological solutions and materials that improve energy efficiency. This significantly improves the comfort of living, and we intend to continue to implement new energy-efficient solutions in our projects in Russia,” says Teemu Helppolainen , Head of the Housing Russia segment.