Eclisse is a global supplier of sliding pocket door systems. The head office and manufacturing base is in Italy and there are a network of subsidiaries throughout continental Europe and Brazil, plus distributers in many other countries including the UK.
What is a pocket door?
A pocket door is a door that slides back into a pocket inside the wall. So the door is there when you need privacy and hidden when you don’t. Traditional doors have a dead zone; the arc required to swing a door open is space you cannot use. Pocket doors give you back that space and open up possibilities for alternative layouts.
Over 25 years of research and over 40 patents have resulted in a wide range of Eclisse pocket door systems to suit all sorts of purposes.
Why use a pocket door?
They save space – By using pocket doors instead of traditional hinged doors, you can gain up to 8 sq m of usable space in a 100 sq m layout. Glass pocket doors systems can solve the problem of both space and light. For example, installing a translucent glass pocket door in an en-suite can make the space feel bigger without moving walls and make the space brighter without adding a skylight.
They change space- Double and telescopic pocket doors are a perfect way to open up and close off open plan spaces and create multi-functional spaces.
They make a statement: Pocket doors can add a wow factor to your interior. Curved pockets doors can create a stunning feature and decorative glass pocket doors can add a design feature to your room.
The Eclisse Pocket Door System
There are two ranges of Eclisse pocket door systems, the Classic Range, that requires finishing off with decorative architrave and the Syntesis Flush Range which is architrave free for a flush contemporary look.
The Classic Pocket Door Systems are made from galvanised steel which has passed a European anti-corrosion test to the highest level and so is suitable for bathrooms and utilities. The Classic systems come with a specially designed timber lining kit.
The Syntesis® Flush Pocket Door System has vertical uprights that are made from extruded Aluminium for increased rigidity and the horizontal bars are made from galvanised steel formed into robust cross-sections. The Syntesis® Flush range of pocket door systems have no jambs or architrave thanks to the innovative edge profile that allows for a crisp plaster finish right to the edge and into the return. This is a very important feature, which not only gives you a unified finish but also retains the plaster extremely well.
Not all pocket door systems are the same.
Our systems are packed with ingenious features that have been specifically designed to make assembly and installation easier.
- A kit that fits: Our pocket door frames are pre-cut to size. We don’t expect you to waste time cutting steel sections to size to suit your door or making difficult adjustments to fit. We offer a range of sizes that are made to measure to fit standard UK door sizes , you just pick the kit that fits your standard door size, so it fits first time, every time. If you need a non-standard size we can supply that too, just give us a call.
- Metal or wooden stud: Our systems can be used with different sizes of wooden or steel studwork.
- Super quick frame assembly: Our quick-click pocket doorframes can be assembled simply by clicking the metal sections together and inserting a few screws.
- Easier to align: Unlike other systems, the door post, pocket and track assemble together and are inserted into the stud work as a complete unit which helps to ensure the door will run true and in line.
- The difference is in the detail: The emphasis on easy fit goes down to the smallest detail, even the door guide has been designed to fit perfectly, dead centre in a matter of seconds.
Our products have been subjected to rigorous testing.
- The Eclisse pocket door frame is strong and has been subjected to and successfully passed an independent dynamic impact test (UNI EN 1629).
- The Eclisse runners have been subjected to durability test UNI EN 1526. After 100,000 opening and closing cycles the doors still operated perfectly.
- The Eclisse Classic and Syntesis® frames have been tested for corrosion resistance according to UNI EN 1670. After 240 hours immersed in a ‘salt mist’ i.e. a test chamber that reproduces an extremely salty and humid climate, the result was a corrosion resistance of the highest level (grade 4).
- The Eclisse fire-rated pocket door system has been fully tested and approved for use with 44 mm FD30 Fire Rated Doors by Cambridge Fire Research, a UKAS approved testing authority, Test Certiﬁcate Number 148395.
As a result of Eclisse’s attention to quality and reliability all the Eclisse metal frames and running gear come with a 12 year guarantee.
If you are keen to find out more about the wide range of Eclisse pocket door systems visit our website at www.eclisse.co.uk. There you will find in-depth product descriptions, installation videos, downloadable technical specs, instructions, CAD drawings, BIM objects and BNS specs. Alternatively you can call our UK Customer Service team on 0845 4811977.