The British Institute of Interior Design (BIID) is delighted to announce Roca, Miele and Crestron as the headline sponsors for its annual conference; ‘Life-Changing Design: Transforming the Human Experience’ on Thursday 19th June 2014 at the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) HQ, London.
At this year’s conference the BIID will look at how health centres and hospices, leisure and work spaces, retail and residential interiors can all be improved through intelligent and creative design. The day will feature a series of thought-provoking and inspirational talks from a number of global experts and design practitioners who will help tell the story of how design is transforming the human experience.
Commenting on the sponsorship announcement Eva Kazmierska Woode, Gallery Manager, Roca London Gallery said:
“As a manufacturer that places great emphasis on the importance of intelligent creative design within its own product offering, Roca is delighted to be supporting the BIID Annual Conference 2014. “
“Good design can have a huge impact on the wellbeing of the end-user, particularly in the bathroom and this is why the products chosen for such areas of interior design are constantly evolving. The BIID Conference looks set to be an inspirational event and one Roca is proud to be associated with.”
Gail Wright, Commercial Manager, Miele said:
“We are delighted to support and be part of the BIID Conference 2014, and look forward to building stronger relationships with the incredible talent within this creative industry. With the ever growing importance of the kitchen within the home, we anticipate this is the start of long and mutually beneficial partnership.”
Petra van Meeuwen, EMEA Media Relations Manager at Crestron said:
“We’re in our third year as a BIID industry partner and our commitment to the design community expanded further last year with our new showroom at the Design Centre Chelsea Harbour. The annual conference is an exciting time for us as it presents excellent networking and growth opportunities for the industry. This year we are not only a sponsor but we are delighted to announce that the conference will serve as a launch platform for our BIID CPD courses, covering everything you need to know about home automation and the relationship between design and technology.”
The full list of speakers for this year’s conference has recently been confirmed. This includes:
- Rodney Fitch, CBE, founder of design consultancy Fitch and now a leading independent retail design advisor and consultant.
- Lee Penson, founder and CEO of leading architecture and interior design studio PENSON Group.
- Charles Jencks, architectural theorist and trustee and Co-founder of Maggie’s Cancer Care Centres.
- Edwin Heathcote, architect, designer, author and architecture and design critic of The Financial Times.
- Tim Mutton, founder and CEO of Blacksheep, an award-winning, international and independent design agency.
- Professor Hilary Dalke, leading designer and consultant in the field of environmental and sensory design from Kingston University.
To find out more and to book tickets for this unmissable day visit www.biid.org.uk/lifechangingdesign