Open-City is delighted to launch Green Sky Thinking (28 April-2 May 2014), the week will showcase projects and thinking imbedding sustainable design in London’s built environment, and the leading industry professionals behind such exemplar innovation. We welcome your involvement and attendance at the events.
Green Sky Thinking, is a week-long series of free sustainability-focused events for built environment and property professionals, showcasing practical solutions to greening London’s built environment.
Now in its fourth year, Green Sky Thinking includes 50+ events across London, ranging from onsite project talks, round-table discussions, pecha kuchas and seminars. The events centre on the future viability of London to adapt, to perform and to ensure a liveable city. Topics include – value of refurbishment; wellbeing; convincing the client; performance; facility management and future resilience.
Top experts and key individuals who are responsible for designing, delivering and managing successful schemes host the events to give a cross disciplinary view on current development. Hear from industry leaders Bennetts Associates, ECD Architects, Energy Deck, Farrer Huxley Associates, Hawkins\Brown, High Speed 1, Hopkins Architects, Jones Lang LaSalle, LB Brent, Mace, Peabody, Ramboll, Team London Bridge and many others.
- Mott MacDonald ask if healthy spaces are a commercial priority or a development luxury?
- Essentia showcase how to deliver resilience and efficiency in the NHS with British Gas and GLA
- Mace explore public realm sustainability through a treasure hunt in the Olympic Park
- Jones Lang LaSalle address immediate threats for obsolescence and potential value loss
- Baca Architects discuss water-related and flood-resilient design
- E2 Architects and Gira host a site-visit of the Pavilion, a newly completed Code 5 house
- BDP consider how Crossrail is transforming London’s urban integration and infrastructure
Why Green Sky? The purpose of the programme is to enable the industry and its clients to hear about sustainable solutions that really work; visit specific live examples; talk face-to-face with top experts; and strengthen cross-sector collaboration.
The only event of its kind, Green Sky Thinking is tailored for those who influence how a sustainable built environment is financed, created, designed and managed. Free to attend, professionals across the built environment and property sectors are invited to attend and contribute, including planners, councilors, developers, asset managers, neighbourhood groups, architects, engineers and contractors.
Green Sky Thinking Week is free to attend but booking is essential. For full programme listing and booking details visit our website: www.greenskythinking.org.uk