Patrik Schumacher, Partner of Zaha Hadid Architects (ZHA), is to deliver the keynote at the RIBA Smart Practice Conference in Nottingham.
With the sudden loss of Zaha Hadid in March, Schumacher is the remaining Partner at ZHA, where he has spent 28 years. He will provide insights into the globally-renowned practice.
The 2016 RIBA Smart Practice Conference ‘Future Forward’ accents how an innovative approach to business-thinking, new technologies and research can propel practices forward.
Patrik Schumacher is responsible for founding DRL (Design Research Laboratory) at the Architectural Association School of Architecture.
He has held professorships at Innsbruck University, University of Applied Arts in Vienna and Harvard University. He the author of several significant publications, including most recently Parametricism 2.0: Rethinking Architecture’s Agenda for the 21st Century (Architectural Design, March 2016).
Other speakers at the conference include:
- Mark Burry of the University of Melbourne, who was overseeing the completion of Gaudí’s Sagrada Família in Barcelona
- Xavier de Kestelier, co-Head of the Specialist Modelling Group at Foster + Partners
- David Green, Principal at Perkins + Will and CEO of AREA Research
- Josef Hargrave of Global Foresight Manager at Arup
- Rob Jackson, Associate Director at Bond Bryan Digital
- Deborah Saunt, Founding Director at DSDHA
The conference is taking place on 22 September at the Nottingham Conference Centre from 10.00 am to 5.00 pm. Tickets are available through the RIBA website.