Following a double award winning 2016, things are set to get even better for the Glass and Glazing Federation (GGF) in 2017 as the industry’s trade body celebrates its 40th Anniversary.
The Federation was founded on the 13 January 1977 by the change of name of the flat glass association to the Glass and Glazing Federation and the incorporation of the insulating glass, safety glazing and glass benders associations thus amalgamating the representative bodies of the major parts of the industry at that time. The first offices were in Mount Row in Mayfair, London and many of the founder Members are still active GGF Members today.
Over the next 12 months, the GGF has several special events planned and will be introducing a raft of new initiatives to help Members business.
- President’s Reception – 2 February in London
- The FIT Show “Life begins at 40 Party” in the GGF Members Lounge
- Members Day, 22 September, London – 40th Anniversary Celebrations
- G17 Awards 17 November, London – with a special 40th Anniversary Award
- Political Strategy Group – With a changing landscape on the horizon due to Brexit and incoming Government schemes such as “Each Home Counts” plus the consultation on the proposed changes to SAP (Standard Assessment Procedure), all businesses will be wanting to stay ahead of the curve to cope with the impact of the inevitable changes. In view of all the challenges ahead, the GGF has set up a new Political Strategy Group to ensure all the forthcoming policies and laws that affect companies in the industry are covered.
- Systems House Group – this new Group will be represented along with frame manufacturers on the GGF Board to ensure the full industry supply chain is considered at Board level and in future GGF strategies.
- The GGF Member Get Member Scheme has been increased from 10% to 40% of a recommended new Member’s subscription fee off the recommending Members 2018 subscription.
- Digital Marketing Workshops in the Regions – GGF digital marketing and online PR experts will be on hand at regional meetings explaining how you can make the most of the GGF’s online benefits including how you can raise your profile on the GGF’s award winning consumer website – MyGlazing.com.
- Work has already started on a new GGF trade website with a vastly improved user experience, this is set for soft launch in July and full launch in September 2017.
- A new commemorative logo and souvenirs to celebrate the GGF’s 40th year will be issued to all Members.
Brian Baker, Interim chief executive commented:
“There’s never been a better or more important time to be part of the industry’s leading trade body. The year ahead presents many challenges and exciting opportunities and right at the heart of it all is the GGF, offering extensive support to help Members cope with the challenges and make the most of the opportunities.”
In addition to the GGF’s 40th Anniversary celebrations, 2017 will also see changes at the top of the GGF as Alan Burgess as the new GGF president and with the imminent appointment of a new chief executive.
“2017 is a special year for all GGF Members and one not to be missed. I look forward to sharing the forthcoming celebratory events with Members. I encourage all Members to take full advantage of the many benefits of being a GGF Member.”