Following a record breaking week of trade attendance at 100% Design, the show is set for a inspiring line up of speakers, exhibitors and design focused activities for the consumer day including free entry to the first 1000 registrations for tomorrow (Go to www.100percentdesign.co.uk/register), click on register and public and enter code PUB200).
19Those visiting tomorrow will have a chance to explore 20 editions of 100% Design at Earls Court for the last time before moving home to Olympia next year:
The Sale at 100% Design
- This year 100% Design presents The Sale, an exclusive designer sale with 50% off products on Consumer Day (Saturday 20 September, 10am-4pm).
- All money raised in The Sale will go towards the Design Museum charitable funds for the future and move to Kensington Olympia and Unicef.
100% Talks – What Next for Edward Barber and Jay Osgerby?
- Design museum Director Deyan Sudjic talks to Internationally renowned designers Edward Barber and Jay Osgerby (above) about their work and next projects as part of the Design Museum’s What Next*?
- For Interiors, multidisciplinary studio Mette has created the Maker Carousel (above), highlighting the designer maker’s ability to prototype and produce in a fun and interactive space.
- The Eco, Design & Build section features Materials Landscape curated by SCIN, a concept designed by Thomas.Matthews that encourages visitors to engage in texture, colour and properties of new materials.
- For Workplace, architecture practice NBBJ presents iAlter, which aims to highlight the multi-disciplinary nature of workplace, as well as the social importance of the modern office environment.
- For Kitchens & Bathrooms, vPPR Architects have created Foam Dome, sponsored by Turkishceramics. This uses white lather to reference luxurious bubble baths and indulgent purifying spa experiences.
- Over 2,000 brand new contemporary products launched at this year’s show from furniture to lighting from soft furnishings to accessories
Eating – 20 Restaurant
’20’ is a contemporary dining space with a specially designed menu offering the opportunity for you to enjoy everything from a long lunch to a quick snack.
Working with catering company Tapenade, Studio Design UK has shaken up the menu to focus on quality, sustainable food and great design.
Super Design Market
Conceived to showcase a selection of interiors accessories and designers, the Super Design Market, located in the Interiors section, highlights products from a range of disciplines.
Some of the brands to feature in this year’s Super Design Market include: SturlesiDesign, Desinere, OROLOG by Jaime Hayon, and Bromley & Bromley.