The CTBUH Awards recognise projects and individuals that have made extraordinary contributions to the advancement of tall buildings and the urban environment, and that achieve sustainability at the highest and broadest level.
Tall buildings can be polarizing presences in their cities, admired for their sheer height or skyline silhouettes, and criticized for their poor environmental performance and street-level experience.
The objective of this awards program is to deliver a comprehensive and sophisticated view of these important buildings, while advocating for improvements in every aspect of their performance, especially those that have the greatest effect on the people who use these buildings each day. This often means that the buildings highlighted are often not the tallest in a given year, but represent the best qualities and innovations in the typology.
2016 Key Dates
- Call for Submissions: 1 March 2016
- Submission Deadline: 29 April 2016
- Judging Period: May 2016
- Winners/Finalists Announced: June – July 2016
- Production of Best Tall Buildings Book: 15 June – 31 August 2016
- Awards Event Registration Opens: August 2016
- Printing & Delivery of Book: 1 September – 1 November 2016
- Awards Symposium, Dinner & Ceremony: November 2016