The UK Passivhaus Awards are the building Oscars for a different kind of performance. A project certified to Passivhaus standard exceeds building regulations; Low on energy use, high on quality and often dubbed the gold standard for indoor comfort.
The 2017 UK Passivhaus Awards, now in its 6th year, will celebrate the best in UK Passivhaus projects. We are looking for Passivhaus schemes that will prove the Standard can apply to any size, any site and any style.
1: Celebrate that all Passivhaus buildings can be comfortable, healthy and beautifully designed.
2: Demonstrate that the Passivhaus standard can be applied successfully to any building type, new-build or retrofit.
3: Raise the profile and encourage uptake of the Passivhaus standard from large scale through to custom-build.
Registration is now open, and you have until the 10th April to submit your projects into a choice of two categories:
- Small Projects – have a treated floor area no greater than 500m2
- Large Projects – have a treated floor area greater than 500m2
Several large Passivhaus schemes have completed in the last couple of years, so we are anticipating some interesting submissions.
We are looking for projects that are exemplary in architectural design and energy performance.
Minimum eligibility requirements
1: Schemes must be completed and certified to Passivhaus/EnerPHit standard. What it means to claim the Passivhaus Standard in the UK.
2: Schemes must have measured building performance data. (We are ideally seeking performance data for at least 1 winter and 1 summer cycle, as of 10 April 2017. Projects which have data for a 6-month minimum time period may also be considered.)
3: Schemes that have won a previous UK Passivhaus Award may NOT enter.
4: Schemes that have been shortlisted for a previous UK Passivhaus Award are invited to enter again.
For detailed submission requirements and requested formats please download the following:
Entry deadline: 10 April 2017
All applications must be registered online.
Please complete the online registration and compile submission information into a single PDF/powerpoint file no larger than 10MB. If you have any questions, please email yogini(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)passivhaustrust.org.uk
- Phase I Submissions
The awards are free to enter.
- Phase II Submissions
Shortlisted entries proceeding to Phase II of the competition will be asked to contribute to the design and delivery of their project pop-up and 2-minute video.
Benefits of Entering
- The UK Passivhaus Awards are the only dedicated awards for Passivhaus in the UK.
- All shortlisted projects in the awards will be promoted as exceptional examples of their sector through all the Passivhaus Trust marketing channels and the media.
- The shortlisted projects will be featured prominently on the Passivhaus Trust website.
- All shortlisted entrants and their projects will also be featured in a special edition of the Passivhaus Trust newsletter which reaches over 2,500 developers, housing associations, architects, engineering consultants and other organizations.
- The finalists will be invited to present their project at the awards ceremony, due to take place in London in July 2017, to an audience of key industry professionals & Passivhaus experts.
- UK Passivhaus Awards finalists will feature in a pop-up exhibition at the 2017 UK Passivhaus Conference and at other major Passivhaus events.
- The winning projects will feature in a special edition of the Passivhaus Trust newsletter.
A panel of judges will decide the shortlist. Finalists will be announced in May 2017.
Winners are determined by PHT member and attendee vote at the UK Passivhaus Awards Ceremony on the 4th July in London.
2017 Awards Timeline
20 Feb – Call for submissions opens
10 April – Phase I submission deadline
21 April – Judging
May – Shortlist revealed
09 June – Phase II submission deadline
June – Online member voting opens
04 July – Awards ceremony & voting by PHT members
July – Winners Announced
Ecology Building Society are sponsors of the small category.
Sponsorship opportunities are available.
UK Passivhaus Awards Hall of Fame
Videos, photos and project data files for previous winners can be found at the following links:
|2016 UK Passivhaus Awards||2015 UK Passivhaus Awards||2014 UK Passivhaus Awards||2013 UK Passivhaus Awards||2012 UK Passivhaus Awards|
|Urban Category:||Small Projects Category:||Architectural Design:||Private Housing:
|Large Projects Category:||Bespoke Project Design:||Social Housing:
|Retrofit Category:||Cost & Buildability:||Non-Domestic:
The Passivhaus Trust
The Passivhaus Trust is an independent, non-profit organisation that provides leadership in the UK for the adoption of the Passivhaus standard and methodology. Passivhaus is the leading international low energy, design standard. Over 65,000 buildings have been designed, built and tested to this standard worldwide. The Trust aims to promote the principles of Passivhaus as a highly effective way of reducing energy use and carbon emissions from buildings in the UK, as well as providing high standards of comfort and building health.