NARM, the National Association of Rooflight Manufacturers, has published a RIBA approved CPD Seminar entitled ‘An introduction to daylighting with rooflights’.
NARM’s Technical Committee advises Government on Rooflighting in respect of Building Regulations.
The Seminar is an online presentation lasting approximately 30 minutes and is relevant to stages 0, 1 and 2 of the RIBA Plan of Work.
Topics covered include:
- The benefits of natural daylight and basics of designing daylight into buildings with rooflights
- How rooflights can help to achieve required light levels for specific building usage
- The role that rooflights can play in reducing energy usage and CO² emissions
- How to apply the knowledge gained, when designing or specifying rooflights.
By completing this seminar, delegates will gain knowledge to:
- Identify appropriate rooflight type/material for a given application to aid specification and supplier selection
- Specify appropriate rooflighting to meet CIBSE recommended daylight level for building usage
- Specify rooflighting which will make a positive contribution to Building Regulations Part L compliance
- Specify rooflighting which will comply with all UK regulations and quality standards
- Avoid common specification pitfalls by understanding rooflighting basics and terminology
- Gain knowledge to support informed decision-making regarding rooflight suppliers
Book now online