The Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists (CIAT) is delighted to announce the shortlisted entrants for its 2017 Architectural Technology Awards, recognised as the premier accolades that demonstrate outstanding achievement and celebrate the technology of architecture.
Winners will be announced and presented on 15 September 2017 at CIAT’s new Architectural Technology Awards event held at the Village Underground, Shoreditch, London. The event will recognise and celebrate the exceptional contribution that Architectural Technology practices and professionals make to the built environment.
Shortlisted entries for The Award for Excellence in Architectural Technology are:
- Associated Architects for New Library University of Birmingham
- FaulknerBrowns Architects for The Word, National Centre for the Written Word
- IDP for Forum Health Centre
- Lee Evans Partnership LLP for The Family Stand, Dover Athletic Football Club
- Mitchell Evans Architects for Fieldsend
- Chris Senior MCIAT, PiP for Park View, Chesterton
Shortlisted entries for The Alan King Award for Excellence in Architectural Technology, for projects with a value no greater than £750k, are:
- Plaice Design Company Limited for Harefield House
- Stuart Davidson Architecture for New Dwelling at Craigwell, Aboyne
- Stuart Davidson Architecture for New Dwelling at Rathmore Road
- R A Design for Nanskerris
Kevin Crawford MCIAT, Vice-President Technical and Chair of the Judging Panel said:
“I am extremely impressed and enthused by the quality of entries received. The projects clearly demonstrate the diversity and versatility of how Architectural Technology, as the technology of architecture, is an integral component within the built environment and is applicable to all projects regardless of their size, scope or specification.”